Thursday, August 9, 2012

DOT +122

Things are still going great!  We had an appointment with Dr. Chao this past Monday and most labs were improving and we don't have to go back for 5 weeks! My liver function studies were elevated but that could just be from all the medicines I have been on.  Those will hopefully come down soon.  My hemoglobin was 11.7, WBC 4.2, and creatinine 1.2.

My energy is coming back more and more each day.  I have had to be careful and not do too much too fast.  Laura and I have really enjoyed being in our own home!  (except for the ac giving us a big problem)  It has been great running into everyone around town and we hope to continue to get out and about more and more.  The dogs are getting used to being back home and I am getting back to work some.  It's been fun using my brain and thinking again, haha.

The idea of me being cured from CGD is starting to sink in each day.  I am not real sure how to describe it yet, but it is a powerful and wonderful feeling.  They still have me on a good bit of meds and those should start getting peeled back over the next few months.   

I will try to do a post each week or so till I get the formal discharge and am "done" with the transplant process.  I will let everyone know when the last post is. 

Hope too see many of you soon around town and thanks for all the prayers and support since Jan and since I was 2.  Crazy to think I am doing so well after that darn spleen finally came out! 

Thanks...Burns

1 comment:

  1. Burns and Laura,

    The two of you have been such an inspiration to so many. Enjoy your new life!

    Love, Ross

    ReplyDelete