Wednesday, May 30, 2012

DOT +50

I am still in the big house and will be until at least tomorrow. Great news is that my potassium has gone back down to the high part of normal. Anything with normal in it is great! I am still here mostly for observation because of my high potassium. They really don't want that to go back up.

Both the kidney doctors and the infectious disease doctors have been by with their team and they agree with the course that my doctors have taken. To continue to treat this virus with the particular drug and to raise some medicine to bring the ph of my blood back to normal.

The one piece that has worried us is the graft. They did another graft study yesterday and it will take about a week to get the results. Some doctors say this virus can cause a problem with the graft. Dr. Chao came by this morning and he said if it has hurt the graft, a boost of johns cells could help. But time will tell. The good piece of news is that my graft came in strong early so we pray that it is strong enough to hold on. There is not a lot of studies on this virus so the doctors are not committing to much.

Hoping to get back to the outhouse tomorrow!

Thanks for all the text, thoughts, prayers, and calls!



No comments:

Post a Comment