Friday, February 3, 2012

DOT +16

Sorry we missed the post last night. It got late and we just did not feel that well.

Today we got about the same labs back. Stable is good for now. My creatinine is looking better because I am getting used to the drug they put me on.

One big thing we learned today was that most, if not all, of the white blood cells I have now are still coming from the host. So the graft has not come in yet. While that sounds like a huge downer, it may not be. For patients like me it can take longer for the graft to come in.

Most patients that come into this clinic are cancer patients (~98%). They come in with bone marrow that is already beat up pretty good from past chemo treatments. My bone marrow has not seen Chemo before so it still has a little fight in it before the graft can take over.

I spoke with Dr. Buckley today and she was still positive and I got the feeling this happened to most of her patients. So a lessoned I have learned in my life, if Dr. B has hope, YOU have hope!

With all this, it makes the waiting game longer. Something we can do with no problem! Keeping our eye on the prize.

Test--------- Burns------- (Normal Range)
White Blood Count---- 2.3---(3.2-9.8)
Hemoglobin---- 9.4----(13.7 - 17.3) (they try and keep it above 8.0)
Platelet---- 46----(150-450) (they try and keep it above 10)
Creatinine-----1.7

No comments:

Post a Comment