Thursday, February 23, 2012

DOT+36

Things are still steady with my counts, low but steady and not dropping too low. Laura is back in Durham and improving everyday! My mom has been here to help us the last few days and she is heading back tomorrow. We got some good meals!

I needed another blood transfusion today because my hemoglobin was 7.9. It been in the low 8's. I'm still on the medicine for the CMV virus but they checked my blood for it again this week and it has seem to already be gone. They said I should stay on it only once a day now. That good because that medicine was pretty hard on me and I should start to feel better.

Yesterday I got another nupegeon shot to boost my white blood count of 1.7. As you can see below it is now 6.3, so it worked like a charm. But if history repeats itself, it will drop fast again without the shots. But time should help with that.

Still waiting on the graft results which will be big news. After that, a better plan can be put into place.

Thanks for everyone who keeps reaching out to us. It overwhelming with all the support. In a great way!

God is good!


Test--------- Burns------- (Normal Range)
White Blood Count----6.3---(3.2-9.8)
Hemoglobin----7.9----(13.7 - 17.3) (they try and keep it above 8.0)
Platelet---- 49----(150-450) (they try and keep it above 10)
Creatinine-----1.6

2 comments:

  1. God is Good and Burns you are amazing!
    We are praying for you everyday!
    God Bless you -

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burns and family,
    Thanks for the continued updates, you have a bunch of followers!
    Burns, I want you to know just how inspirational you are to me and my circle of friends and family. I have told your story over the years and now this effort and pain that you and your family are enduring with humor and never-ending, tireless enthusiasm just puts it over the top. We are all thinking of you and pulling for you. I can't wait to have you back at work and I know Cathy and Harden can't wait to have our "bulldog" back too!

    Phil (and family and friends and coworkers!)

    ReplyDelete