Saturday, June 2, 2012

DOT +53

Yesterday was my birthday and we had a great time. The nurses had a sign in my room and Laura decorated the apartment. Both Laura and I's parents came and John and Gracie came to Durham for some burgers. John spent the night and took me to the clinic this morning. Below is a pic of the wall in our room at the clinic.





Things are moving in the right direction. My counts are really low, but the medicine can cause that. Hopefully just a few more days of the iv medicines and then my counts can slowly come back. Time will tell.

Also, last week a good friend I work with flew in from Arkansas to see me. Here's a pic of him and me with my bald head. I'm not sure if I have posted a pic of me and my hair. Good news is it is starting to come back in a tiny bit. Thanks for coming Berry!





Tomorrow we head back to the clinic. There's a good chance I will need blood, but that might give me some more energy. More to learn this week...

3 comments:

  1. Keep the good news coming Burns. I have been following you. We have all been hoping for this gift from John to be the charm this time!!! Julie Holderness and the clan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. suzycashwell@yahoo.comJune 3, 2012 at 5:41 AM

    Darn it - Mary Jane told me it was your birthday, and then I forgot to wish you well. Of course, we always wish you well. How absolutely wonderful that your friend Berry came all that way to see you - although it sounds as if your spirits are pretty high, it had to have been spirit-lifting to see him (or whatever you could see of him - he's looking pretty anonymous in the photo!).

    Mary Jane remembers sending you balloons one year when you were in the hospital, and said you were mad because you felt so lousy - this year, when you probably couldn't have had balloons anyway, you probably would've enjoyed them!

    So glad you were able to spend your birthday with the people who mean the most to you. Many, many happy and healthy returns!

    Suzy Cashwell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Burns,
    Glad that things are looking up!! Your mom and Ripley came by to see CiCi and me today - Ripley and CiCi seemed happy to see each other -- Ripley jumped out of the car, ran into the backyard and into the house. Please remember that I will keep her anytime you need a sitter -- I wanted to keep her today!!

    So glad that Barry came to see you -- was it a surprise?

    I love your bald head - bet it feels like duckling's down.

    Your Granddaddy Blackwell had a bald head in his later years. When I looked at this picture of you bald--I realized how much you look like the Blackwell side of the family! This was the first time I had
    noticed it. When you look at the picture - step back a little --- the resemblance is stronger
    if you are not to close

    The Detgen - Blackwell clan is loving, and caring - if you need anything - they will be there to help!!

    I am proud to be associated with this family!!

    My love to all!!

    ReplyDelete