Sunday, April 8, 2012

2nd DOT -2. Happy Easter, Happy Masters and Happy last day of Chemo

Another successful day! Not much side effects from the chemo besides some stomach pains that were short lived. Today was the last day of chemo and tomorrow is the radiation piece. Then transplant day is Tuesday!

John made it up here fine and is doing good with his shots. He starts his collection in the morning at 8 and I do not have to go in till 1 because radiation is at 4:30.

We had a nice Easter dinner here with Mom, Dad, John, Laura and I. Some flank steak, pasta, and they all had a salad. (I skipped salad for veggie soup). It was something else cooking dinner through the excitement of the Masters! Who knows, maybe the masters has keep us feeling even better this go around.

My counts are still just below normal but are expected to fall fast over the next 5 days. So I am expecting my energy level to drop fast. During chemo they give you lots of steroids to help with the side effects. They also plan the best golf tournament of the year to help too, haha.

So we are about to hit the tough zone but it's nothing we cannot handle. John's here to what brothers dream they would do for each other. Laura's here in Sickness and in health doing everything to make this as easy as it can be and be the best support team. Mom and dad are coming back tomorrow to help with all the logistic's and trying to keep all of us comfortable. And me, I am ready to try and beat the heck out of this thing and get a graft to set in!

Thanks for everyone checking in. Happy Easter!!! Happy Easter!

3 comments:

  1. Beth Watson HedgepethApril 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

    Hey Burns! As I watched Bubba Watson win the Masters, I thought, "He looks like John Blackwell with a mullet!" :) Happy Easter! I'll be thinking of you and John and praying for your strength and the best results possible! Love to all the Blackwells, Beth Watson Hedgepeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Blackwell boys, GO!!! Your love for each other makes my heart swell and my tears flow. You two are awesome! I know Derry and Hardin are proud of both of you--I know I am!
    Love, Adair

    ReplyDelete