Wednesday, April 18, 2012

DOT +8

I'm out of the big house! A picc line was put in today that allows me to get my meds outpatient. The docs and nurses in the big house were all great and really focused on getting me to a point where I could check out.

I'm feeling better but still tired. My white blood count is still zero so they have doubled up the nupegeon shots that will help jump start the stem cells to make white blood cells. So far, this is all normal and much slower than last time. (which is good)

I will stay on some iv antibiotics for a few weeks at the clinic to make sure these bacterial infections are long gone. Otherwise we just head into the clinic daily to check my counts and wait for the graft to come in.

Thanks for all the support!! It means the world to us....

Burns

1 comment:

  1. suzycashwell@yahoo.comApril 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM

    Hey Burns - I know you might not remember me, and I'm sure Laura has no idea who I am, but want you to know that Dick and I are both pulling hard for you. We've known your dad since forever, your mom almost that long, and we helped raise Tripp and Ken, so we've been hearing a lot about y'all for years. Another link, really strange, is that Dr. Buckley also took care of our daughter-in-law, Kelly Dalton, when she was a little girl - she had an IgA deficiency and was sick all the time, and had to be home schooled, etc., but once she reached adolescence, she was able to go to school and has been fine ever since, thank God. Dr. Buckley meant so much to her and to her family, so when we heard she was taking care of you too, we knew you were in the right hands. And it sounds as if everyone else whose hands you're in (God's included) is doing a great job too. You can be sure we're praying hard for this to be the perfect transplant, knowing that you can try again if necessary, but also knowing you'd prefer that this one be the right one - and that John feels that way too! We're glad you're out of the hospital and back in the apartment (esp. with your own recliner!) with Laura. Hang in there - we check on you daily.

    Suzy Cashwell

    ReplyDelete