Sunday, April 22, 2012

DOT +11

The last few days have been long ones. Good news is the pain behind my right kneecap is not a blood clot and they will look more into it tomorrow. I am still running small fevers in the 99 range and the medicines for these bacterial infections just wipe you out. But, it's good be in the apartment and not the "big house". My white blood count is still .2 and I did not need any other supplements today. We will continue to treat the infections aggressively and also look more into my knee this week. Other than that, rest is a big key. Also, my appetite has gone to nothing, so we are trying to eat as much as we can. Some of those boost drink have been helping me get some calories. Thanks for all the support, prayers, cards, calls and text! The last few days have worn us out, but will hope to rest well tonight and be right back to our full strength.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Burns, After many unsuccessful attempts to "comment" to you, I am hoping this works. I just want to encourage you in any way possible. I,too, am still struggling to get well and I know how hard it can to be to feel badly for so long. We both know that it is an investment in time and energy and the results are worth everything! The promise of this BMT working is so miraculous. I don't think God would put it before you if He didn't intend to make it work. When I start to sink mentally, I repeat to myself, " God is in control. God is in control." He is and He is on our side. He will make it all OK. Hang in there. Your parents are amazing. I want transfusions of strength from them both. Tell Laura to watch GCB. It is hilarious! Love and prayers to you both! Ann Davenport

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Burns, I have been keeping up with your blog - and like the above comment have had a hard time posting. Tempe tells me she has seen you and Laura a couple of time at the clinic. Please let me know if we can do anything for you - I live and work near Duke and can get something to you asap. When you feel like eating some local good food, let us know - Durham is a "foodie" town and we know all the good places. We pray for your health.......take care! Joan Austin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These days must be so hard. I know I don't even have a clue. I know I can't make it better, but I know who we can call.

    'Call On Jesus' by Nicole C. Mullen (for your playlist)

    "In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

    ReplyDelete