Tuesday, April 17, 2012

DOT +7

I am still in the big house, but they keep saying tomorrow might be when I can escape. No more fevers so that's a good sign that they can put another line in to use as an outpatient. I have never understood hospital stays as they are where the sick people are but they don't let you sleep longer than an hour at a time. They draw blood around here at midnight?? What?? You just have to laugh at it!!

My WBC is still zero. So hopefully that means my stem cells were beat up pretty bad and Johns cells are setting up shop and will start producing white blood cells soon. The last transplant I was at zero for just one day. (this is day 5 of zero). My hemeglobin this morning was 7.5 so I had to get another unit of blood. Most of my other counts have been ok. We are trying this time to not pay too close attention to the daily labs and look at the trends and bigger picture.

Dr. Chao is on call in the hospital so I see him a lot. He said today that these bacterial infections should not affect the graft from coming in. Good news!! And every time we talk he is trying to get me out of here. He has a great repuatation of getting people out of the hospital the minute they can.

Dad brought breakfast and Laura brought lunch and dinner. Some might think this is funny but over my 34 years and a ton of overnight stays (some as long as 7 weeks) I have NEVER eaten a hospital meal dilivered to my room! I know, I'm spoiled. (ask Laura..) I hope this is my last one and I am not going to end my streak now!

Otherwise I am good. For a line infection that got to my bloodstream I feel really good. I have had this in the past and felt so bad I could barely lift my head. My bet is I will be on a lot of iv meds for several weeks to make sure this stuff is long gone. But that we can handle at the apartment.

Again, all the cards, text, messages, thoughts and prayers mean the world to us! It keeps us going every day!

Burns

1 comment:

  1. Hey Burns and Laura!

    We are sending healing prayers and wishes your way. Your strength is amazing and an inspiration to us all!

    Leigh and Oliver Wheeler

    ReplyDelete