Thursday, April 19, 2012

DOT +9

It was great to be back in the clinic today.  The germ I got has grown out more in the cultures and they now know a lot more about it.  They say I picked a "tough" one but that there is a medicine out there they will get it.  During this time of treatment I will have to be in a private room and be on "contact isolation" to protect other patients from getting the germ.  That is not that bad, just a pain every time you have to go to the bathroom or get a drink you have to get all dressed up like in the pic below.  Plus you look funny, haha. 


Below are my labs from today:

Test---------------- Burns------- (Normal Range) 
White Blood Count---- 0----(3.2-9.8) (this will go to 0) 
Hemoglobin----------- 8.8----(13.7 - 17.3) (they try and keep it above 8.0) 
Platelet---------------11----(150-450) (they try and keep it above 10) C
Creatinine------------1.7----(.6-1.3) 

You can see that I have "bottomed" out a good bit.  Now we wait for the WBC to slowly come in.  The docs and nurses do not seemed alarmed and say they like it to come in extra slow, which means the graft can be part of that and not my original cells.  

So we head back to tomorrow and see what this roller coaster has for us.  Also, its about that time to start thinking about when my hair will start falling out.  Last time I kept some, I am not sure I will be so lucky this time.  

Thanks for all the support! 

2 comments:

  1. HELLO BURNS. I WANTED YOU TO KNOW I WAS THINKING ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY . GOD BLESS .. GREG T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Burns, you're a trooper, man. I'm checking in on your site daily--who would have thought a swan-hunter like you would've turned into such a journalist! Amazing, the longer I know you, the more of a Renaisance-man you become. Keep it up, and in the immortal words of Bon Jovi, Keep the Faith...that's right, I said it. Talk soon, Rob.

    ReplyDelete