Thursday, January 19, 2012

15,000,000!!!! DOT +1

The Dr's would have been happy with 10 million but Burns successfully received 15 million healthy stem cells over the last two days!  I'm already back in Wilmington and I think I teared up every 8.7 miles on I-40 reflecting on the whole thing.  I never thought I would have to say this in my lifetime Burns but we ROCKED that bone marrow transplant!  You need to write a book and title it "How to kick chemo's ass".  I am so proud of you and so glad it was I who could lend a hand (or 15mm stem cells).  I know the waiting game is just starting for you and Laura but getting off to such a good start should give you some good momentum.  Remember all the things we talked about and most importantly keep laughing like we did EVERY day.  Now it wouldn't be a blog post for me if I didn't make a reference to my drinking habits so here we go;  The nurse told me this morning that it might be smart to not drink for a while.  I had to get her to define "a while" b/c I don't want to attempt raising kids sober like I did grilling out sober.  You know I'm kidding.  I'd do it all over again for you tomorrow.  Love you man.


JB

1 comment:

  1. JB- you're the best big brother---EVER!!!
    xoxoxo- Adair

    ReplyDelete