Monday, January 23, 2012

DOT +5

Today we had several things happen.  First, my White Blood Cell Count has bottomed out to .1.  This means I basically have no white blood cells.  Kind of scary with lots of hand washing!  Second, I started my neupogen shots today.  300 mg once a day.  These are the same ones john took but I think his dose was 700 mg twice a day.  So a lot less and I should not have the side effects he did.  These shots should help my white blood count bounce back.  


And third.....Boredom! Boredom has set in and that is a GOOD thing!  In my life, I have had a lot of times where I am interesting and things are moving fast in the hospital.  Being exciting to the docs and med students my friend is not a good thing.  So things are going as planned and Laura and I are doing a lot of TV watching.  Susan and Hardee came to visit today and Mom and Gracie are coming tomorrow.  Mom is bring her italian chicken which laura and I love! 


There is still some debate about when to buzz my hair.  My good friend Austin is coming this Friday and that might be our big Friday night entertainment.  Buzzing my hair!  Hope it last till then...


It still amazes me with all the love and support people have expressed!  Thanks so much.  The blog has been fun and something to look forward to.  


So now we wait for my white blood cell count to rise!  Everyday I look around the clinic and see God's work and it is amazing... 


God is Good! 


Test--------- Burns------- (Normal Range)
White Blood Count---- 0.1----(3.2-9.8)   (this will go to 0)
Hemoglobin---- 9.6----(13.7 - 17.3)  (they try and keep it above 8.0)
Platelet---- 48----(150-450)         (they try and keep it above 10)

4 comments:

  1. Burns,

    Knowing WAY too much about this for my own good, your counts are spot on and terrific! Keep washing! There is a sign in the ladies bathroom at Harris Teeter (sometimes, nature calls in the most inopportune places!) that tells you to sing the "Happy Birthday" song twice while you wash your hands. Then you'll know they're clean! Who knew?

    Steve Carlson and I were talking about your good news today while walking our dogs around Ascot Point. Steve is most excited about your new and improved golf game and bourbon drinking!

    Keep hanging in there! Love to both of you!

    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Burns,

    I hope you have lots of boredom in the future!! Love hearing that your white cells have bottomed, because now the cure can begin.

    Keep on being boring!!
    love!
    Mopsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy and I spent a lot of time today talking about you and rooting for you in Columbia! You have entire cheering section in SC pulling for you...enjoy the boredom and watch your body grow stronger.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Burns and Laura,
    Buzzing your hair can be a humorous event...speaking from experience. I "tried"a few "new" styles that afternoon though the evidence has been destroyed! We are so happy you had an uninteresting day......and pray there are going to be many many many more!! Hang in there!!
    Love, Jane and Ross

    ReplyDelete