Tuesday, January 17, 2012

DOT -1 (collection day)

Dear Burns, Ever since you called me to tell me I was a perfect match I have been waiting for this day. I know I am primed and ready b/c I think I just felt a white blood cell pop out of my ear.  Before we get started I thought I might warn you about a few things. If you think your craving for golf is strong now just wait till you get about 15 million of my white blood cells.  I think they are actually all going to be labeled "Titleist".  Don't fight this new urge for golf as these guys are used to about 90 rounds per year. Now, let's talk a little about Mount Gay Rum. Right after golf they enjoy a tall glass of mount gay with a splash of soda and tonic. You'll thank me for this one!  All kidding aside you have endured more pain in your life than any man should ever have to. We are in really good hands over at Duke and they are going to make damn sure this thing works. Your strength has been incredible and it's going to take you right through recovery.  Now let's go over there today and tomorrow take care of some business!  I love you,  Your brother 

7 comments:

  1. Stay strong, boys. Know that y'all are in my thoughts. Sadler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear the news from Amanda. This is Frances Andrew and you may or may not remember me fromGDS. I was in Amanda and Alex's class. I just wanted to say that your family is in my thoughts and prayers today. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bring some Mount Gay when I come to see you guys at Duke in the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solid entry John...Thinking of you guys and raise some hell tomorrow! AT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a twosome! God Bless You Both! Love - Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Burns and Laura-Think about you every day and wish God's blessing on you and your entire family.

    Best wishes,
    Bobby Foster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Watch out Laura..looks like the first child's name might need to be John Titelist Blackwell....haha. This post is awesome. Thinking about you guys every day and can't wait to come visit soon! -Weez

    ReplyDelete