Sunday, January 29, 2012

DOT +11

A great report today! My white blood count surged to 7.4! The shots worked like a charm on me just like they did with John. They stopped the shots today so they say to expect a drop tomorrow which is normal.

Feeling much better today over the last few days. Buzzed hair feels pretty good until the chilly air hits it...wow never knew hair actually kept you warm! Mom and dad came for a nice visit today and got to eat some good q they brought.

Austin left today and it was a gret visit! Nothing beats good friends! Austin, if you ever need a fall back career, I would suggest looking into being a barber. You give one hell of a buzz cut. Love ya man!

Tomorrow morning many of my good friends in the Terminix family go for our annual convention (or vacation). Hope everyone has a blast and sorry the blackwell's cannot make it. Be sure to make next year a big one!!

They told us today we are way ahead of schedule. Thanks be to god! They started a new medicine today that might be hard on the kidneys but is designed to defend against graft-versus-host disease. So they will continue to watch my kidney functions closely. One study is called creatinine, which was 1.9 today a good bit above normal. So they gave me lots of fluids to flush the kidneys.

Thanks again for all the cards, messages, calls, text, and much needed prayers!

God is good!

Burns

2 comments:

  1. Burns, It has all been such wonderful news and we are thrilled for you!
    Laura, I am so impressed with you technical skills...photos, videos, etc all done perfectly! Great to see Burns looking so good!!
    Cheers!
    Jane and Lloyd Peterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura and Burns, I am just catching up on the progress tonight and so glad Susan shared your blog with us. I'm smiling as I read each heart warming post. You are one amazing, inspiring, beautiful loving couple! And being way ahead of schedule is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete