Tuesday, January 31, 2012

DOT +13

Things continued as expected today with all my counts dropping. We hope tomorrow we will see some leveling out of my WBC. Today is was back down to 3.1, which is in the low part of normal. My hemeglobin and platelets fell so my energy also decreased some. But a good nap helped! Right now it is a waiting game for my levels to stabilize. If not, they will restart the shots and those worked great before.

They did let us know that they sent my labs out for some further off site testing to see what % of my white blood cells are from the graft (johns stem cells) or the host ( my stem cells). So that will be very interesting to see on Monday when the results are expected to be back.

They told us at the beginning to expect a roller coaster and this is what they are talking about. The counts going up and down. But good thing is this is expected.

On a lighter note, I still have my hair! While it may be real short, it's still hair! I keep telling the nurses that I am not going to lose it, but all they do is chuckle and walk away. Haha...

Thanks for all the emails, text, comments, cards, and calls! It means the world!


Burns

Test--------- Burns------- (Normal Range)
White Blood Count---- 3.1---(3.2-9.8)
Hemoglobin---- 9.8----(13.7 - 17.3) (they try and keep it above 8.0)
Platelet---- 51----(150-450) (they try and keep it above 10)

No comments:

Post a Comment