Saturday, January 28, 2012

DOT +10






Let me start off saying... LET'S PARTY!!! Got the blood work back and the white blood cell count was 3.3!!! The doctors said to be excited if it stayed the same over night, well Mr. Burns' cells decided to not only stay the same, but to triple!!! Words can't express how excited everybody is! We are definitely moving in a positive direction. Since his count is high, the PA thinks that he will be able to cut out the neupogin shots soon, which will alleviate all of the pain in his bones. The doctor was so encouraged that he has progressed this far so quickly, and was so pleased in the results. All in all, FANTASTIC report today!

Today one of the nicest people EVER, drove down and spent the day with me! Court Fields, I love you! I had so much fun with you today! Even if it did take us a little while to find a nail salon since we had to drive to several shopping centers, and you did have to put plastic bags over your toes to keep the polish from smearing (!!), you were so sweet to come see me, and I really appreciate it!

Last night Burns' buddy Austin Tyler drove in from Asheville- that is quite a hike. Burns has been looking forward to him coming all week. I must admit I was a little worried if he was up to it because he has been so weak the last few days, but he has recovered miraculously in the last 12 hours- he just needed some Austin in his life! They have the best relationship. Austin was one of the first people Burns called after he learned he was having this transplant, and I remember Burns calling him the night we got engaged to tell him the news. Even before I met Austin at the Kentucky Derby (random I know) I knew that he was a special person in Burns life. It's just great seeing the two of them together right now, going through one more experience together, that will probably bring them even closer. Neither of them are aware, but I emailed their mom's yesterday for some old pictures of the two of them! Hope they don't care!!!!!

Test--------- Burns------- (Normal Range)
White Blood Count---- 3.3----(3.2-9.8) (this will go to 0)
Hemoglobin---- 10.6----(13.7 - 17.3) (they try and keep it above 8.0)
Platelet---- 59----(150-450) (they try and keep it above 10)

1 comment:

  1. Seeing the boyhood pictures is so special, I'm sure! We're always so thankful for the people who take the time to take pictures! THanks for sharing and "wahoo" for the counts!!! HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU BOTH! AND LOVE YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete