Friday, January 13, 2012

Date of Transplant -5

Hey it's John.

Things went well today.  Burns had his first light dose of Chemo and I had my first neupogen shots.  Obviously the chemo assists with bringing down Burns' immune system and the neupogen shots boost my white blood cell count. The nurse said my white blood cell count today was 6k and they are trying to get it to 60k by collection day.  Conversely, Burns' white blood cell count will go to zero (omg).

So far Burns feels good and my shots were a breeze.   The Dr's and staff are fantastic, they make you feel like you are the only patient on the hall.  Mom and Laura were great were and were with us all day.   We are all back at the apartment resting now.  Heavier dose of chemo tomorrow for Burns (Campath) which may prove to be a little more challenging.

Thanks for all the well wishes.  Everyone have a great weekend.  Drink one for us!!!

JB  

1 comment:

  1. Hello to John and Eliza and the Family,Burns and Laura I am so happy to here the great news, I love hearing things like this.all of you are always in my prayers and I want stop now,I also have you on my prayer list. all of you are a great people, LOVE YOU MUCH, FROM THELMA I sent Love and kisses

    ReplyDelete