Saturday, January 14, 2012

Prep for Durham

So we have known John was a perfect match since the day of the Club's Christmas Party- needless to say, we partied extra hard that night, paying for it the next morning!! We knew they were a perfect fit for a bone marrow, but had no idea things would move to rapidly. One day we were enjoying a quiet Saturday at home, and then the next day, it was full steam ahead to Durham. We frantically drove around Durham, trying to find a suitable apartment and a reputable company to rent furniture from. When that was settled, I started packing, packing, packing- everything from clothes and shoes, to kitchen gadgets to supplement what the company was giving us, to pictures to make our apartment feel more like home. I have had this stuffed bunny since I was literally 1 day old, that is basically my security blanket. Since we can't have the dogs here and bunny probably has all sorts of bacteria and is so old that he would deteriorate in the wash, I needed something to go to, so last Thursday before we came down, I went to Toys and Company and bought a stuffed cow in memory of my Pa Paw that passed away a few months ago, who was a cattle farmer. I definitely got a few looks in the store!!!

I'm embarrassed to say that 'I neglected to clean my house' and that was the last thing on my mind, so thankfully, Derry has it covered this weekend! We will be in Durham the next few months, but I will come home periodically to check the mail, etc.

So far, things have gone wonderfully. Our apartment has turned out so nice- they upgraded us to one with granite counter tops, which we all know Kirkwood doesn't have!! The doctors and nurses have been amazing and so accommodating with all of our questions, so things are going as smoothly as they could possibly could go! John is handling is shots like a champ, and so far Burns is feeling great with his chemo.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and concern!

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment