Monday, January 16, 2012

DOT -2

Only two more days until the big day! John did better today with his shots by staying ahead of the side effects with some pain medicine. I had my last day of two types of chemos and one more large dose tomorrow.

Laura, John, and I were at the clinic early to get the day started. Mom soon was there and things went pretty smooth. I got some expected nausea today but they are keeping me on 24 hour meds to keep it at bay. My energy level is declining by the day but that is expected.

Susan and Hardee came for a visit and Eliza came up for the night to be with John during his collection tomorrow. They will give him another shot in the morning and then start the 6 hour process hoping to get 10 to 15 million stem cells!!

My counts are dropping, below is a chart:

Test---- Burns---- Normal
White Blood Count---- 2.0---- (3.2-9.8)
Hemiglobin---- 9.9---- (13.7 - 17.3)
Platelet---- 49---- (150-450)

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers! God is Good!

Burns

Check back for some pics tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. HI BLACKWELLS, THIS IS A WONDERFUL WAY TO STAY INFORMED. THANK YOU SO MUCH! WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE ON A MIRACULOUS JOURNEY. ONE QUOTE THAT I HAVE LIKED IS," IF THE MOUNTAIN WAS SMOOTH, WE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CLIMB IT." MAKES SENSE! YOU WILL BE AT THE TOP OF THAT MOUNTAIN SOON. LOVE AND PRAYERS TO EACH OF YOU. ANN DAVENPORT

    ReplyDelete